With more than 40 millions of tourists every year, Mexico is a very interesting destination for travel lovers.
Indeed, the country has a very rich culture and history, delicious dishes that will delight your taste buds, and the Mexicans are very welcoming.
Here is a fact about the language, did you know that 7.5% of the world population speaks Spanish?
It’s one of the most spoken languages in the world. So if you want to learn and practice your Spanish, Mexico is an excellent place!
If you want to discover Mexico, you can stay 180 days in the country with the tourist visa. During your flight, you will have to fill a paper that the immigration will validate at your arrival. You have to keep this paper as a tourist visa. The immigration will ask you this paper at your departure from Mexico.
Do you want to stay longer in Mexico?
Here are the different visas you can have:
- If you want to stay a bit longer, you can extend your tourist visa up to six months.
- You can apply for a temporary resident student visa, it will allow you to study and stay in the country for a year. You can renew it for a maximum of 3 years after the first year. This visa does not allow you to work.
- If you are from Canada, France, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Peru or South Korea and you want to stay in Mexico for a year to discover the country, the working holiday visa can be a good option for you. This visa allows you to work (with some conditions). To obtain this visa, you need to be between 18 and 30 years old, and you can’t obtain it twice for Mexico. Click here to have more information.
- We recommend you to take a health insurance before going to Mexico, both for tourists and temporary resident. An insurance will help you to manage your health care cost.
- If you want to drive in Mexico, you will need your identification (passport) , your visa (for tourists: the tourist visa paper) and your driving license.
You now know how to enjoy your time in Mexico, so go ahead and come to visit us! 🙂
By: Justine Solti